I'm here to show you how much my little monster has grown! He's now 6 months old and I simply can't believe it!
We are so proud of all the progress he's made in his development. Some of his skills include:
- He can mimic noises and facial expressions
- He's SO close to saying "Hi!"
- He can grasp his toys, pull on them, put them in his mouth, throw them around, and pics out bright colored ones
- He loves classical music, it puts him to sleep in the car almost instantly
- He's sitting up - almost on his own
- He loves to stand (started this finally around 5 months) and is now bouncing in his jumperoo
- He's a champ at eating his solids. So far he's had: applesauce, carrots, avocado, blueberry & banana, banana, and sweet potato. We started solids (inconsistently, just once and a while) around 5 months. He, however, does NOT enjoy rice cereal.
- He can scootch himself all across his crib
- He wakes 1-2x a night
- He rolls from belly to back (started around 4 months) and to his side (around 5 1/2 months). He's yet to roll from back to belly for me but he did it for my mom once
- He reaches for toys on his jumperoo and play mat
- He loves soft blankets, his lovie, and soft toys
- He's a drool monster, putting everything including his fingers/hands in his mouth
- He lights up when he sees his Cookie Monster toys
- He also lights up when Daddy gets home from work every day
- He babbles/talks almost all day long
- He is "spoiled" to death with love & joy and I don't plan on changing that one bit
There's so much more, but I had to get what I could remember out!
I've got some fun things in store for our slow-to-progress master bedroom makeover here in the near future - so stay tuned for that, too!